Read on to choose a saree which will compliment your beauty.
Draping the saree
How you drape a saree plays an important role in deciding whether you will look fat, slim, tall or short. Tuck in the plates properly and drape the saree nicely to avoid that untidy and clumsy look which can make you look fat.
The fabric used
The fabric of the saree should be chosen carefully. How one looks is decided by the fabric too and there are specific fabrics for particular body types. For e.g. Fat women should avoid cotton sarees as cotton gives a heavy look thereby making you look more fat.
Print of the Saree
Print of the saree should be such that it doesn’t make you look too gaudy or strange in the crowd. Generally larger and bigger prints give this kind of an appearance and hence should be avoided and are a big no especially for short women which makes them look shorter. One should try going for the evergreen prints like the leafy or the floral ones.
Color and the type of work on the saree
Choosing the right color according to your size can do wonders. Fat women should go for dark colors as it makes them look slimmer and beautiful. You can choose the type of work like the embroidery, Zari, stone or heavy work depending on your weight. Also, slim women should go for the sarees with heavy work while the fat ones should try a lighter saree to avoid the strange and fat look.
Saree according to the body type
Choosing the right saree according to the body type is very important in order to complement the body type.
- Pear-shaped body: A heavier bottom as compared to the upper body is what is a pear-shaped body. One should go with a saree made of georgette or chiffon which helps to balance the lower and the upper part of the body. Also consider bright colors, small prints seedha pallu draping.
- Apple shaped body: These people are heavy around the bust and the stomach and hence should wear a long blouse that can cover these areas, wear silk fabric and avoid net and prefer Ulta pallu.
- Overweight women: Chiffon and silk should suit best and nit the cotton and other stiff fabrics that will make you look bigger. Go for dark colors and can even opt for long blouses and sleeves to hide the fat out there.
- Voluptuous figure: Chiffon, net, and georgette will suit best and will help in highlighting the curves you wish to flaunt. Go for light, dark-colored sarees having good fall.
- Slim figure: Cotton and silk should be your preference. Big prints in light colors will suit a lot. Slim women have the liberty to wear halter neck, backless, sleeveless, tube blouses as they can carry it really well.
- Tall and slim women: Heavy borders will look great and can be accompanied by bold prints.
- Short and slim women: Go for sarees with a thinner border and not the heavy borders or the bold prints.
Saree is an Indian traditional wear which is quintessential and it suits every occasion and looks good on all women. But, of course, choosing the right one for yourself according to your body type is also crucial to bring out that hidden beauty. With the above-stated tips, choose the right saree which will not only help to hide the flaws in the body but also enhance your beauty and make you feel like a queen!!