One who is new to this tattoo world has so much to know and note down about before you actually land up to a tattoo artist asking him/her to do one tattoo art for you.
Listed below are a few tattoo related knowledge points educating you everything for a first timer who wants to have a tattoo carved, they are: –
* Give yourself time to think of your choices, be it about the quote you want as a tattoo, or the design, the tattoo artist you have chosen, the area where you want the tattoo to be. Being spontaneous is one good move, but placing your spontaneity in the right manner is the choice. Always start small, for the first time go for something that is small, so that you can check on how your body reacts to it and most importantly how much of it hurts and how much of it you can tolerate and also how much of you are liking the tattoo artist’s work.
* Always keep in mind that a Tattoo once done is a permanent alteration to your body, so before you land up to any random tattoo studio, do a thorough research about his skills, check his portfolio, his reviews, take suggestions from your friends who have been tattooed before. You can always use a social networking platform to find an artist and see their work, as they usually post photos of their work, they are most proud of.
* Always get your questions answered and your doubts cleared by your Tattoo artist, if it is the tool they are using, the cream they have asked you to use, the pattern or design they will make, as getting them answered will ease it for you, as you no longer will be scared or tensed, and you can somehow have a control of what is happening, after all it is your body.
* The shaving treatment, it depends on which area of your body you want to get inked, as some area or a particular area of your body part might be very hair, because of which you need to get a regular waxing done. When you land up in front of your tattoo artist, he might do the shaving first and then begin his tattooing. Better it will be if you get it waxed, as waxing is safer than getting shaved, as he might be using the same razor on so many body parts of so many other people.
* Healing process, give yourself some time and have tolerance for pain, keep your tattoo away from sun and water, as it is likely to damage the newly done tattoo. Buy a care cream in advance as not all tattoo artists provide care creams, for all the people with sensitive skin, this is a must. Just learn the time and method from your tattoo artist of applying it. Care creams keep the newly done tattoo away from spurting blood at any moment.
* Kindly do not bargain with a tattoo artist, as it is one stupid act to be performed, basically expected from the first timers, so here is your piece of advice. He already has his charges fixed on each and every tattoo he has in his portfolio, so he is going to charge you exactly that. He already has so many customers wanting to be tattooed by him, he has the choice of who he wants to work with, unlike other businesses where everyone is entertained.
* If you ever had or have allergies to any particular cosmetic products, then there are equal chances of having one with a tattoo. As most of the times, same compounds been used in a cosmetics range are also found in tattoos, so you might develop an allergy. Always consult your doctor if you ever had any allergy issues before you get yourself tattooed.
Lastly, we are always going to advise you to communicate freely with your tattoo artist, because great tattoos are a result of great minds of great ideas, who communicated properly at the right time. Don’t always rely on the artist, have your own ideas as well. Don’t panic, as it is going to make the situation worse, be brave and the pain won’t last that much longer. Always shower tips for a good artwork done by an artist, as he deserves that.